The Amsterdam Schiphol train station is located in the Schiphol area of Amsterdam city, just below the Amsterdam Schiphol airport. Located just underneath the terminal building. It is not that big, and eas to find. Larger cities can have larger stations than the Schiphol train station.
How can you get to Schiphol train station?
If you are a visitor or a passenger, you can access the airport station’s point of arrival hall by directly walking through the train station’s hall. You can obtain your train tickets from the automated ticketing machines, yellow in colour available in the hall or the ticketing officers in sight. Below you can compare the price schedules from the different towns and the time of departures to select whichever suits you best:
- Lelystad: Leaving at 01:00 at €11
- S-Hertogenbosh: Leaving at 01:04 at €15
- Meppel: Leaving at 01:29 at €20
- Hoogeveen: Leaving at 01:41 at €22
- Sittard: Leaving at 02:12 at €24
- Heerlen: Leaving at 02:28 at €24
Transportation and connections
Schiphol train station houses both regional and high speed trains, giving you a choice of two. The services you could expect at the station include rail agents, ATM and phone cabins, assistance to junior and disabled travelers, luggage storage and much more. The transport modes and connecting options you could consider include:
- The local trains and subway, which connect to several other train stations.
- Bus services like the 370 Interliner line that plies the route between Schiphol airport Leidseplein and Zuid.
- Taxis that operate just outside the train station, just pick any at your convenience.
- Schiphol airport that is just connected to the train station in case you need flight services.
Whichever destination in the Netherlands you wish to travel to, Schiphol train station can get you there.
If you are looking for nice place to stay in Amsterdam? CHECK HERE